Storytelling with a vision
“Synergy is the creation of a whole that is greater than the simple sum of its parts; and I firmly believe this stands true in the collaborative art of filmmaking. Contributing with equal parts of passion and vision I purposefully celebrate co-creation, collectively transforming ideas into true experiences. As a maker of images I am compelled to touch lives in an inspiring way, as a human I strive to leave lasting impression both on and off set. Comfortable in chaos and trusted in the creative process – I am genuinely excited to bring stories to life.”
About Michael Tebinka
Michael Tebinka is a Director of Photography based in Sweden. At the border between artistic and technical exploration in moving images; Michael’s work spans across Commercial, Narrative Film and Documentary.
Starting his career as a stills photographer in printed and online media he quickly found a passion for telling stories through images. Trained in Singapore & London, he developed a visual language that fuse light and movement into a form that is much appreciated by his audience today.
Michael’s works are characterised by a distinct aesthetic sensitivity, technical proficiency and a unique poetic vernacular. His dedication to artistic and technical development of film has contributed to his experience in production, making him highly responsive to ever changing conditions and challenges on set.
Michael is multilingual and speaks Swedish, English, Spanish and Polish.
– Master of Science (Msc.), 3D Stereoscopic Media, Ravensbourne University London (2012-2013)
– Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons.) Video Art, Lasalle College of the Arts, Singapore (2006-2009)
– ARRI Certified Online Training for Camera Systems (2019)
– SGO Mistika, eXpert User Certification: Colourist / Online Stereographer / VFX Artist (2013)
– Association for Independent Filmmakers (OFF) in Sweden
– Swedish Association of Professional Photographers (SFF)
– Associate member of Colorist Society International (CSI)